On January 6th, 2016 when The New York Public Library made 187000 digital downloads available included was the 1976 Roy Colmer New York City doors photograph collection. The 3122 doorway photos in the collection are a glimpse into the past. 1976 was a simpler time before the technology we have today and you can almost feel it when you browse through the photos. The doorways with people in them are perfect examples of the styles and feeling of that year. From the hair cuts to the style of the jeans, jackets, and shoes.
Included are a few examples of the doorways but there are many, many more at:
- first West 52nd Street between 5th Avenue and 6th Avenue. Odd Numbers.
- 2nd Avenue between East 7th Street and East 8th Street Odd numbers
- 8th Avenue between West 43rd Street and West 44th Street Even numbers
4. Thompson Street between Grand Street and Watts Street Even numbers 5. Bowery between Spring Street and Prince Street Even numbers 6. 2nd Avenue between East 105th Street and East 106th Street. Even numbers
7. Canal Street between Church Street and West Broadway. Even Numbers 8. Madison Avenue between East 68th Street and East 69th Street. Even Numbers 9. Madison Avenue between East 70th Street and East 71st Street. Even Numbers
10. Madison Avenue between East 70th Street and East 71st Street. Even Numbers 11. Madison Avenue between East 73rd Street and East 74th Street. Even Numbers 12. West 14th Street between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue. Even numbers